Final Instructions for South State Choral MPA 2015
- Google directions to American Heritage School, 12200 West Broward Road, Plantation FL 33325
- Morning traffic is difficult, avoid using Flamingo Blvd.
- If traveling on I-595, take the Hiatus Road exit
- Take Hiatus Road North to Broward Blvd.
- Turn left onto Broward Blvd. the left at the next traffic light SW 118th Avenue
- SW 118th Ave runs along the side of the school
- Turn right at the bus entrance gate on SW 118th Ave
- The road will lead you directly to the theater
- A security guard will escort you to the theater
- Speed limit is 5MPH on campus, strictly enforced
- Buses will drop people off at the theater and park on the basketball court next to the theater
- Buses will not be able to depart from 2:50-3:40 PM
- FVA registration is in the lobby. Enter through the large stair cases in the front of the Fine Arts Building
- For those who need assisstance there is an elevator that will take you to the lobby located in the hallway west of the front staircase.
- Parents and spectators will need to park across the street at Calvary Chapel Church. Cross at the crosswalk on West Broward Road and otain a pass from the security guard.
- These passes must be diplayed the entire time you are on campus.
- Concessions will be available for purchase after the block is over
- Students will not be able to purchase concessions while their block ig going on
- NO FOOD OR DRNK IS ALLOWED IN THE AUDITORIUM
- Contact Nina Van Derhoof at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-472-0022 ext 3067
- DO NOT CONTACT ANY OTHER SCHOOL PERSONNEL
General Instructions for all State Choral MPAs
- Bring 4 copies of the music with measures numbered
- Chaoerone list, one for every ten students not including director.
- Cell phone number for director and chaperones
- 4 copies of the auxillary information sheets
- Collect all student cell phones before the block starts
- Parents are not allowed to be on their cell phones
- Students that need to use the restroom must be escorted by a chaperone
- Student observers are not allowed
- At check out be sure you have all your music, recordings, and rating sheets
- You are required to stay for an entire block
- Each choir has one hour of time for warm up, performance, and clinic
- Schools that are scheduled over 2 blocks will be able to leave after their last group
- BE ON TIME!!!!! The schedules are tight and it is difficult to adjust them.
- Please monitor your students as we are in three very nice venuse and we want to be able to use them again.
- This year I have scheduled over 200 choirs in 3 different locations. That’s a good problem to have. We will have some growing pains this year and I will adjust for next year.
- Thank you for your patience. Have a great STATE MPA
Time Blocks South State
Monday, April 20, 2015
American Heritage Mixed through Seminole Ridge Chamber
Suncoast Treble through Palm Beach Central Mixed
Santaluces Reflections-Palm Beach Central Traditions Chorale
Tuesday April 21, 2015
Florida Christian Ladies through Coral Reef Concert Women
Coral Reef Select Mixed through South Fork Men
4:00 – 6:00
Palm Beach Gadens Pizzaz through South Fork Singers
Jupiter Combined Girls through Jupiter Concert Choir
Wednesday April 22, 2015
Western Select Women through The King’s Academy His People
Pine Crest Chorus-Drefoos Singers
Pine Crest Women through Everglades Legacy Women
Choirs that start the block need to be here 2o minutes early for warm up. Times within the block are subject to change. All choirs must be seated when the block starts.