Spring Director Meetings
by Jussi Doherty on April 24, 2016
2016 State Concert MPA Instructions
by Jussi Doherty on April 15, 2016
See below for time blocks and general instructions for State. Instructions apply to all three sites: North, Central, and South.
Time Blocks for State MPA 2016
South State Message for Directors
Directors attending South State Concert MPA should read this letter from American Heritage School.
General instructions for FVA Concert State 2016
- Bring 4 copies of the music with measures numbered
- Organize your music before you register, this will help expedite things
- Chaperone list 1 for every 10 students not including the director or accompanist
- Cell phone numbers for director and chaperones
- 4 copies of the auxiliary information sheets if you choose to use them ( not required).
- Collect all cell phones before the block starts
- Parents should not be on their cell phones in the performance areas
- Students are allowed to use the restroom but must be escorted by a chaperone
- At check out, make sure you have all your music, recordings, and rating sheets
- BE ON TIME-THE SCHEDULES ARE TIGHT AND DIFFICULT TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS
- You are required to stay for an entire block
- Instructions for each site will be printed on a separate page
- Schools that are scheduled over 2 blocks may leave after their last group performs
- Schools with more than 2 choirs may opt out of the additional clinics
- Please make sure you and your chaperones monitor your students. These are nice venues and we want to use them again next year.
- State has grown again this year, a great problem. Please help all of us to maintain a high quality professional event.
Thank you for your patience. I look forward to hearing your choirs. Sing well!
Mark Scott, Executive Director
Register for Summer Convention 2016
by Jussi Doherty on April 10, 2016
Be advised that Head’s Choral Panorama (July 28 – 29, 2016) and FVA Summer Convention (July 29 – 30, 2016) are held consecutively at the same location, but they require separate registration forms.
2016 State Solo & Ensemble Instructions
by Jussi Doherty on March 31, 2016
Directors participating in State Solo & Ensemble MPA will find important instructions from Mark Scott below. Best of luck to you and your students!
Final instructions for State Solo & Ensemble 2016:
2016 State S&E: South Instructions
by Jussi Doherty on March 31, 2016
- Plan to arrive 30 minutes ahead of your first event.
- Bring 2 original copies of the music with measures numbered
- Accompanist may use copied music for ease of playing but the original must be on site
- Bring a list of chaperones, 1 for every 10 students, with cell numbers
- Directors cell number
- Any money owed.
- Call or text me or Shelli Long ( 904-226-3263) if you are running late.
- Google directions to Palm Beach Atlantic, contact me if you have any problems,
- Registration is in the band room, VR-119
- Follow instructions for parking as given by PBA security guards
- Place a placard on the dashboard of your car with FVA written on it.
- Parking is difficult, especially on Friday so keep private vehicles to a minimum.
- Buses can unload at the building
- Parking for buses is NOT PROVIDED so stay in contact with your driver
- DO NOT CONTACT PALM BEACH PERSONEL WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS EVENT
- Food should be available at the campus eateries
- Please let us know if you wish to have your students recommended for the Honors Recital
- You will be notified as soon as possible if your student has been chosen, but check with the registration office before leaving.
- Honors Recital times are:
- 4/8/2016 12:00 pm 5:00 pm 7:30p pm
- 4/9/2016 12:00 pm 4:00 pm
- Please call if you have any problems, I will work with you as best as I can
- After Wednesday, March 30, 2016 call my cell phone 904-521-5274
- 904-284-1551 is a land line
- This schedule is very tight, I’ve tried hard to meet your requests. We will work together
- I look forward to hearing your students, I hope State Solo and Ensemble is a great experience for you and your students.