Dear FVA members-
The 2016 Florida All-State Choirs have been seated and you can now access this information via MPA Online. Here’s where to find it:
- Login to MPA Online (same system you used to register for All-State)
- Click on “All-State Auditions” under “Event Name”
- Click on “Score Report for Composite Scores”
- Select the choir you wish to look at from the dropdown menu. HS Directors- Please note that students who DNA’ed or did not pass the first two portions of the audition will show in the HS Mixed Choir.
- Students who have been accepted show with a green “Yes” in the far right column. Students who have not been accepted have their names struck through and a red “No.” “Ineligible” means that the student did not pass the Musicianship or Sight-Reading portions of the audition.
Please remember that the Board reinstated the possibility of a student not being recommended for lack of technical preparation in the Vocal Quality audition. If your student did not have two out of three judges recommend them, they were not seated in an All-State Choir. The number of judges who said the student was technically prepared can be viewed on the “Score Report for Composite Scores” page as well.
If your accepted student cannot participate, please notify Jason Locker, All-State Chair at email@example.com. We do not anticipate adding any students to the choirs at this time. All the choirs have been seated on the larger side to accommodate for the attrition that always occurs.
A special thank you to the District Chairs who have put in untold hours working on the All-State audition process! We also greatly appreciate the hard work of the Vocal Quality adjudication committees for their time and diligence in meeting the judging deadline so the seats could come out today. Thank you also to Jason Locker- All-State Chair, Rebecca Hammac– MS Chair, Jeannine Stemmer- MS Chair-elect, and Judy Arthur- Vice President for all of their hard work and effort in the 2015-2016 All-State audition cycle.
We are one step closer to another great FMEA Clinic-Conference in Tampa! Please make sure you are taking care of your hotel room cancellation issues (or finding rooms as they start to open). Don’t forget to pre-register yourself and your students for the conference- it’s a real money saver!
If you have questions or concerns, please e-mail me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a great week! Thank you for all you do for your students!