To pre-register, view the schedule, and other details, please visit the Summer Convention page. We hope to see you there!
Summer Convention 2015
by Jussi on May 20, 2015
Choirs of Distinction 2015
by Jussi on May 9, 2015
Coral Reef Senior High School
Select Mixed Choir
Adam Cahill, Director
Everglades High School
Legacy Chamber Choir
ShanPatrick Davis, Director
Alexander W. Dreyfoos SOTA
Arlene Graham Sparks, Director
Leon High School
Dr. Judy Arthur, Director
Niceville Senior High School
Michael Dye, Director
Paxon School for Advanced Studies
Dr. Samuel Shingles, Director
Dr. Phillips High School
Chris Barletta, Director
Lois Cowles Harrison Center for Performing Arts
Kristopher Ridgley, Director
Freedom High School
Edward Rothmel & Shannon Lyles, Directors
Central State Choral MPA 2015
by Jussi on April 20, 2015
Central State Final Instructions
- Google directions to First Presbyterian Church 175 Lake Hollingsworth Drive Lakeland 33801
- Buses may unload in front of the church then park in the designated area
- Students must enter through the main doors to the Sanctuary
- No food or water will be available so plan ahead
- There are programs going on in the church all day so be aware and monitor your students
- Make sure a chaperone escorts your student if he needs to use the restroom
Time Blocks Central State:
Wednesday April 29. 2015
Starts with Auburndale ends with Haines City
Starts with Bloomingdale and ends Leesburg Chamber
Starts with Space Coast end with Pine Ridge Women
Starts with St. Cloud Mixed ends with Sarasota Chamber
There is no official break in the afternoon for the judges .Schools that are finished may leave after Leesburg Chamber. Space Coast will report directly to warm up and sing at 3:20 Schools that are finished may leave at 6:00pm, St. Cloud and Pine Ridge may leave after their last choir sings.
Thursday April 30, 2015
Starts with Ridge Community ends with Voices of Hagerty
Starts with Colonial Women ends with Harrison Chamber
Starts with Viera Beginning Women ends with Colonial Men
Starts with Viera Advanced Women ends with Spruce Creek Concert
Friday May 1, 2015
Starts with Dr. Phillips Men ends with Dr. Phillips Harmonia
Starts with Largo Chamber ends with Sebring Varsity
Starts with Riverview Chamber ends with Poinciana Bella Voce
I had to adjust the last block due to 2 schools with 4 choirs cancelling at the last minute. Choirs scheduled over 2 blocks may leave after their last choir sings. If you can’t stay until 7:20 let me know and we will work it out.
North State Choral MPA 2015
by Jussi on April 20, 2015
Final Instructions for North State Choral MPA 2015
- Google directions to Faith Presbyterian Church, 2200 North Meridian Road, Tallahassee, Fl. 32303
- There is ample parking for cars and buses
- Restrooms are small and few make a stop before arrival
- Watch for signs indicating registration
- Students should enter through the main doors to the church
- NO FOOD WILL BE AVAILABLE BUT WATER WILL BE
- There is a child care program on campus please take note
Time Blocks North State:
Friday April 24, 2015
Opens with Leon OPUS and ends with Leon Capital Singers
Opens with First Coast Chamber Singers ends with Wolfson Concert Choir
Opens with Blake Mixed ends with Blake Beginning Women
Saturday April 25, 2015
Opens with Matanzas Women ends with Chiles Chamber
Opens with Fleming Island Men ends with University Cantoras
Due to travel problems and testing, there will be no official break between the 12:40 block and 4:00 block on Friday. Schools that are finished at 4:00 will be free to quietly leave.
Since Saturday has a late start and is short there will not be a lunch break for the adjudicators.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me. Have a great state MPA!
FVA Executive Director
South State Choral MPA 2015
by Jussi on April 13, 2015
Final Instructions for South State Choral MPA 2015
- Google directions to American Heritage School, 12200 West Broward Road, Plantation FL 33325
- Morning traffic is difficult, avoid using Flamingo Blvd.
- If traveling on I-595, take the Hiatus Road exit
- Take Hiatus Road North to Broward Blvd.
- Turn left onto Broward Blvd. the left at the next traffic light SW 118th Avenue
- SW 118th Ave runs along the side of the school
- Turn right at the bus entrance gate on SW 118th Ave
- The road will lead you directly to the theater
- A security guard will escort you to the theater
- Speed limit is 5MPH on campus, strictly enforced
- Buses will drop people off at the theater and park on the basketball court next to the theater
- Buses will not be able to depart from 2:50-3:40 PM
- FVA registration is in the lobby. Enter through the large stair cases in the front of the Fine Arts Building
- For those who need assisstance there is an elevator that will take you to the lobby located in the hallway west of the front staircase.
- Parents and spectators will need to park across the street at Calvary Chapel Church. Cross at the crosswalk on West Broward Road and otain a pass from the security guard.
- These passes must be diplayed the entire time you are on campus.
- Concessions will be available for purchase after the block is over
- Students will not be able to purchase concessions while their block ig going on
- NO FOOD OR DRNK IS ALLOWED IN THE AUDITORIUM
- Contact Nina Van Derhoof at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-472-0022 ext 3067
- DO NOT CONTACT ANY OTHER SCHOOL PERSONNEL
General Instructions for all State Choral MPAs
- Bring 4 copies of the music with measures numbered
- Chaoerone list, one for every ten students not including director.
- Cell phone number for director and chaperones
- 4 copies of the auxillary information sheets
- Collect all student cell phones before the block starts
- Parents are not allowed to be on their cell phones
- Students that need to use the restroom must be escorted by a chaperone
- Student observers are not allowed
- At check out be sure you have all your music, recordings, and rating sheets
- You are required to stay for an entire block
- Each choir has one hour of time for warm up, performance, and clinic
- Schools that are scheduled over 2 blocks will be able to leave after their last group
- BE ON TIME!!!!! The schedules are tight and it is difficult to adjust them.
- Please monitor your students as we are in three very nice venuse and we want to be able to use them again.
- This year I have scheduled over 200 choirs in 3 different locations. That’s a good problem to have. We will have some growing pains this year and I will adjust for next year.
- Thank you for your patience. Have a great STATE MPA
Time Blocks South State
Monday, April 20, 2015
American Heritage Mixed through Seminole Ridge Chamber
Suncoast Treble through Palm Beach Central Mixed
Santaluces Reflections-Palm Beach Central Traditions Chorale
Tuesday April 21, 2015
Florida Christian Ladies through Coral Reef Concert Women
Coral Reef Select Mixed through South Fork Men
4:00 – 6:00
Palm Beach Gadens Pizzaz through South Fork Singers
Jupiter Combined Girls through Jupiter Concert Choir
Wednesday April 22, 2015
Western Select Women through The King’s Academy His People
Pine Crest Chorus-Drefoos Singers
Pine Crest Women through Everglades Legacy Women
Choirs that start the block need to be here 2o minutes early for warm up. Times within the block are subject to change. All choirs must be seated when the block starts.