Events for the 2014-2015 have been posted below.
- AUGUST 14, 2014 - Fall District 14 FVA meeting - Kravis Center Cohen Pavillion, 3:00 pm
- SEPTEMBER 5, 2014 - Deadline for FVA membership
- SEPTEMBER 1-15, 2014 - All State registration window
- SEPTEMBER 15, 2014 - Deadline for FSMA membership
(FMEA Clinic/Conference early bird registration begins Sept. 27)
- SEPTEMBER 27, 2014 - All-State Musicianship Testing - Dreyfoos SOTA, West Palm Beach
8:30 Registration for all students
9:00 AM High School Auditions
1:00 PM Middle School Auditions
Note: All directors must remain the entire day.
- OCTOBER 4, 2014 - FMEA Clinic/Conference hotel rooms available at 9:00 AM
- OCTOBER 8-9, 2014 - Palm Beach County District Honor Choir, Santaluces High School
- OCTOBER 17, 2014 – Solo and Ensemble Postmark Deadline.
- OCTOBER 21, 2014 – All-State Music Minus One Testing - Dreyfoos SOTA, West Palm Beach
Note: All directors must remain for the duration.
- OCTOBER 31 -NOVEMBER 1, 2014, Florida ACDA Fall Workshop
- NOVEMBER 14-15, 2014 - District Solo & Ensemble MPA - Santaluces High School, Lantana, FL
- JANUARY 14-17, 2015 - FMEA 2015 Conference (All-State), Tampa
- FEBRUARY 6, 2015 – HS Choral Concert MPA registration postmark deadline
- MARCH 6-7, 2015 - High School Choral MPA - Palm Beach Central HS, Wellington
- FEBRUARY 27, 2015 - MS Choral Concert MPA registration postmark deadline
- FEBRUARY 28, 2015 - Race for the Arts, Dreher Park Zoo, 7:15 am
- MARCH 27-28, 2015 - MS Choral MPA - TBA
- APRIL 10-11, 2015 - FVA South State Solo & Ensemble MPA - PBAU, West Palm Beach
- APRIL 20-22, 2015 - FVA South State Concert MPA - American Heritage School, Ft. Lauderdale
- MAY 4, 2015 - Spring Choral Directors Meeting, 5:00 p.m - St. Andrews, Boca Raton
- MAY 14-15, 2015 - Spotlight on Young Musicians - Kravis Center, West Palm Beach
- Lindsey Novitske, District Chair
- Richard Andreacchio, District Coordinator, Chair-elect
- Scott Houchins, Technology
- Edrick Rhoades, K-12 Arts Administrator (School District of Palm Beach County)
About District 14
The Florida Vocal Association (FVA) District 14 of Palm Beach County is a component organization of the Florida Music Educators Association (FMEA) and the National Association for Music Education (NAfME). Its primary purpose is to promote and develop interest in choral and general music in secondary schools in Palm Beach County, Florida, while serving public and private school choral directors and their students.