See below for time blocks and general instructions for State. Instructions apply to all three sites: North, Central, and South.
Time Blocks for State MPA 2016
South State Message for Directors
Directors attending South State Concert MPA should read this letter from American Heritage School.
General instructions for FVA Concert State 2016
- Bring 4 copies of the music with measures numbered
- Organize your music before you register, this will help expedite things
- Chaperone list 1 for every 10 students not including the director or accompanist
- Cell phone numbers for director and chaperones
- 4 copies of the auxiliary information sheets if you choose to use them ( not required).
- Collect all cell phones before the block starts
- Parents should not be on their cell phones in the performance areas
- Students are allowed to use the restroom but must be escorted by a chaperone
- At check out, make sure you have all your music, recordings, and rating sheets
- BE ON TIME-THE SCHEDULES ARE TIGHT AND DIFFICULT TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS
- You are required to stay for an entire block
- Instructions for each site will be printed on a separate page
- Schools that are scheduled over 2 blocks may leave after their last group performs
- Schools with more than 2 choirs may opt out of the additional clinics
- Please make sure you and your chaperones monitor your students. These are nice venues and we want to use them again next year.
- State has grown again this year, a great problem. Please help all of us to maintain a high quality professional event.
Thank you for your patience. I look forward to hearing your choirs. Sing well!
Mark Scott, Executive Director