Next week would have been our annual pilgrimage to Altamonte Springs for the Head’s House of Music Choral Panorama and the FVA Summer Conference. As with many of the other disrupted routines in our lives, we made the difficult decision back in April to cancel these face-to-face events.
Florida Vocal Association, in partnership with Head’s House of Music and Hal Leonard, will present a virtual 2020 Choral Panorama on Friday, July 24 from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm!
We are excited to welcome a distinguished group of clinicians!
- Dr. Eugene Rogers, University of Michigan
- Tesfa Wondemagegnehu, St. Olaf College
- Dr. Jeffery Redding, University of Central Florida
- Carlton Kilpatrick, Florida State University
- Dr. Emily Williams Burch, University of South Carolina, Aiken
The day will be packed with relevant and timely topics!
- Engaging Non-Rehearsal Activities for the Choral Classroom
- Fostering Empathy and Critical Discourse in the Choral Classroom
- Turning Empathy Into Action: Eliminating Bias and Barriers in the Choral Classroom
- Into the Unknown: Tips, Tools, and Techniques for Thriving in the “Unknown”
- There will even be a VIRTUAL Choral Reading Session!
The day will conclude with the summer FVA General Business Meeting. Please see the attached flyer for the session schedule. You do not need to register to attend this FREE professional development opportunity! Please use the link below (or the QR code on the flyer) to join us at any time throughout the day on Friday, July 24!
2020 Choral Panorama Link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8708684455097199117
On behalf of our friends at Head’s House of Music and Hal Leonard, we look forward to seeing you at Choral Panorama!