FVA’s All-State Choruses are a part of the annual Florida Music Education Association Professional Development Conference.
The All-State Choruses are highly select groups of choral students from Florida’s middle/junior high and senior high schools who are brought together for the purposes of rehearsing and performing selected music with guest conductors.
The next FMEA Professional Development Conference and All-State dates are January 11–14, 2023, in Tampa. For more information, including future conference dates, see fmea.org/conference.
- FVA’s All-State Chorus program All-State Omnibus document is updated each year, and located in the Governing Documents. This is the primary “instruction manual” for the entire program.
- Be sure to refer to the Omnibus for the current year as information changes with each cycle.
- Registration information for home education student
Directors should be aware that there are two different registration processes:
- Audition registration: Directors who wish to enter students in the All-State chorus auditions must first register students online at flmusiced.org/MPAOnline. The student audition registration fee is $20.
- Your FMEA & FVA membership must be current in order to register students for All-State auditions. If necessary, you can visit fmea.org to renew your membership.
- When you begin the All-State audition registration process at MPAOnline, you’ll need to verify your current membership, by linking your MPAOnline account to your FMEA member account. The MPAOnline website will guide you through this process.
- Conference registration: Directors with students that earn a place in an All-State chorus must then register both themselves and their students for the FMEA Professional Development Conference in Tampa, where the All-State Choruses rehearse and perform. You can do this online at fmea.org using your FMEA member credentials.
Vocal Quality Audition – Announced Excerpts & Vocalises Audio
Below are the Announced Excerpts for each Chorus. Two additional pieces for each chorus will be announced and recorded on the day of the Vocal Quality Audition.
Please refer to pages 24-28 in the All-State Omnibus for the VQ audition overview and procedures.
For each voice part, there is a Predominant track and a Muted track. The Predominant track includes the voice part being tested (useful for practice). The Muted track plays the balanced voices minus the tested voice part. The Muted track will be used in the actual Vocal Quality Audition.
HS Concert Chorus
- We Can Mend the Sky
- Music starts m. 38
- Audition mm. 43–61
HS SSAA Chorus
- Hodie Christus Natus Est
- Music starts m. 6
- Audition mm. 7–17
HS TTBB Chorus
- Sit Down Servant
- Music starts m. 8
- Audition mm. 9–16
MS Mixed Chorus
- Sing We and Chant It
- Music starts m. 28
- Audition mm. 32–end
MS Treble Chorus
Part tracks for the Florida All-State Choruses are created and distributed by Choral Tracks.
The All-State Choruses are part of the annual FMEA Professional Development Conference. To find the conference schedule, visit the FMEA conference page.
Study Materials for Student Auditions
(In order to see the complete file names, we recommend changing to List view, by clicking the button on the Google Drive page.)
of particular note in the folder, are
- Middle School Vocabulary List, revised May 2019
- High School Vocabulary List, revised May 2019
- Middle School Sight-Reading Criteria, as of May 2019
- High School Sight-Reading Criteria, as of May 2019
Additional recommended study resources can be found at the bottom of this page.