The 2021–2022 All-State Omnibus is available in Governing Documents.
FVA’s All-State Choruses are a part of the annual Florida Music Education Association Professional Development Conference.
The All-State Choruses are highly select groups of choral students from Florida’s middle/junior high and senior high schools who are brought together for the purposes of rehearsing and performing selected music with guest conductors.
The next FMEA Professional Development Conference and All-State dates are January 12–15, 2022, in Tampa. For more information, including future conference dates, see fmea.org/conference.
2021–2022 cycle: Tests and procedures will return to the pre-covid format. There will be a Musicianship Test, Sight-Reading Assessment, and Vocal Quality auditions (live) as before.
- FVA’s All-State Chorus program is governed by the All-State Omnibus document, updated each year, and located in the Governing Documents.
- Be sure to refer to the Omnibus for the current year as information changes with each cycle.
- Registration information for home education student
Directors should be aware that there are two different registration processes:
- Audition registration: Directors who wish to enter students in the All-State chorus auditions must first register students online at flmusiced.org/MPAOnline. The student audition registration fee is $20.
- Your FMEA & FVA membership must be current in order to register students for All-State auditions. If necessary, you can visit fmea.org to renew your membership.
- When you begin the All-State audition registration process at MPAOnline, you’ll need to verify your current membership, by linking your MPAOnline account to your FMEA member account. The MPAOnline website will guide you through this process.
- Conference registration: Directors with students that earn a place in an All-State chorus must then register both themselves and their students for the FMEA Professional Development Conference in Tampa, where the All-State Choruses rehearse and perform. You can do this online at fmea.org using your FMEA member credentials.
Vocal Quality Audition – Vocalises
2022 cycle: not yet available
Vocal Quality Audition – Announced Excerpts
2022 cycle: not yet available
Part tracks for the Florida All-State Choruses are created and distributed by Choral Tracks.
The All-State Choruses are part of the annual FMEA Professional Development Conference. To find the conference schedule, visit the FMEA conference page.
Study Materials for Student Auditions
(In order to see the complete file names, we recommend changing to List view, by clicking the button on the Google Drive page.)
of particular note in the folder, are
- Middle School Vocabulary List, revised May 2019
- High School Vocabulary List, revised May 2019
- Middle School Sight-Reading Criteria, as of May 2019
- High School Sight-Reading Criteria, as of May 2019
Additional recommended study resources can be found at the bottom of this page.