The All-State Vocal Quality audition consists of three parts:
- Vocalises – The prescribed vocalises can be found in the All-State Omnibus. Students should practice the vocalises with the tracks provided!
- Announced Excerpts- These excerpts are to be rehearsed for the audition with the provided accompaniment tracks.
- Unannounced excerpts- Two additional pieces will be chosen from the repertoire packet. Selected measures will be announced at the Vocal Quality audition.
2016-2017 Announced Excerpts
- HS Concert Chorus
- With a Lily in Your Hand (Whitacre); audition begins pick-up to m. 26; audition ends m. 38 downbeat.
- HS Women’s Chorus
- Sicut Erat (Porpora); piano begins 2 measures before Rehearsal Letter C; audition begins at beat 2 of Rehearsal Letter C; audition ends 4 measures before the end on beat 1.
- HS Men’s Chorus
- Ceann Dubh Dilis (McGlynn); audition begins pick-up to m. 18; audition ends m. 37, beat 6.
- MS Mixed Chorus
- Dona Nobis Pacem (Mozart/Liebergen); piano starts at the beginning; audition begins pick-up to m. 4; audition ends m. 11 downbeat.
- MS Treble Chorus
- Si mes vers avaient des ailes (Biddlecombe); piano starts at the beginning; audition begins pick-up to m. 2; audition ends m. 9, beat 4.
“Music Minus One” Tracks for Announced Excerpts
- High School Concert Chorus
- High School Women’s Chorus
- High School Men’s Chorus
- Middle School Mixed Chorus
- Middle School Treble Chorus