Below you will find a collection of various resources useful to choral directors. Most of the documents from our old site have been moved to this publicly accessible Google Drive directory. See the Google Drive for articles, worksheets, classroom aids, lesson plans, and more.
- Advocates Resources: A collection of documents that will help you advocate for a complete education that includes music instruction for every child. Provided by the NAMM Foundation’s SupportMusic Advocacy program.
- The Arts and 21st Century Skills
- Dana Foundation Report: Learning, Arts and the Brain
- A Hard-Headed Case for Arts Education by Author Dan Pink
- Music Advocacy Articles for Parents, Teachers, and Administrators from Children’s Music Workshop
- Sounds of Learning Research Initiative
- Why Music Matters Video w/ Jack Stamp
- Why the Arts Matter by Dr. Jerome Kagan (Harvard)
- Does music with a sacred text have a place in the public schools?: A position statement from NAfME
- Excellent Vocal Exercises for Choirs by Camila Rabin
- How to Vocalize a Choir and Keep Vocal Health by David L. Jones
- United States Copyright Law – A guide for music educators from MENC
Choral Web Sites
- Choral Director Magazine: A free magazine for choral directors — excellent!
- Choral MIDI files on The Silvis Woodshed
- ChoralNet: A central portal to online resources and communications for the global choral music community.
- Choral Public Domain Library: Access to FREE choral works in the public domain. Also, you can find scores, texts, translations, and information about composers.
- Staff paper @ www.blanksheetmusic.net
- National Music Voluntary Standards from NAfME
- Teaching Concert etiquette from NAfME
- Vocal Health: An Ultimate Guide
- Masterworks for High School Choirs by Tucker Biddlecombe
- Recommended Repertoire for MS Mixed Repertoire by Lon Beery