The FVA-District 8 College Scholarship recognizes a senior who plans to major in music education with a one-time $500.00 award. The scholarship rewards the student for his/her high involvement in and commitment to vocal music as shown through the student’s high school chorus participation and achievements. The scholarship funds will be made available in the form of a check made payable to the college of the student’s choice. The student must be enrolled as a Music Education Major. The scholarship is available to seniors in the high schools in which choral conductors are active members of FVA District 8.
- For the 2015-2016 academic year, the deadline for online application and recommendation forms is April 29, 2016.
- The scholarship winner will be announced on the FVA-District 8 page shortly after our spring meeting.
- The check will be mailed to the student after written verification of student college admission has been tendered to the committee.
- Application Form: This online form is to be completed by student.
- Recommendation Form: Request two recommendation letters. One of them must be from your chorus director. The second one could be from a teacher or community arts person who is not related to you.
2015: Emma Harmon from Freedom High School
2014: Ashley Keoppel from West Orange High School; the first winner of the FVA District 8 College Scholarship!
Thank you to all students whose passion for choral music and music education was evidenced in their application. Best wishes in college and in your future profession as music educators.