The following documents are designed to provide you with information concerning the rules and procedures that help FVA operate in an efficient and fair manner. Please refer to them frequently as you prepare for FVA events. Each year, the rules and procedures are revised. It is important to stay up-to-date.
Your District Chair (in addition to experienced choral directors in your area) is also available to help you as you prepare for FVA events.
Please do not link directly to these documents as they may be updated at any time, and the URLs may change. If you are sharing these documents with others, link directly to the Governing Documents page.
- Constitution & Bylaws: (PDF) Posted 2020-01-31
- FVA Handbook: (PDF) Rev. 2020-07-01
- All information regarding All-State Chorus and Music Performance Assessments has been removed from the Handbook. All-State Chorus and MPA events are now regulated by information in their corresponding Omnibus document, below.
FVA All-State Chorus and Music Performance Assessment (MPA) events are regulated by the information in their corresponding Omnibus, which is published each school year. FVA Member directors should verify that they are using the most recent version of each Omnibus. Information in the current Omnibus supersedes the FVA Handbook and any earlier documents.
- All-State Omnibus (PDF) 2020–2021, updated 2020-09-09
- Please do not link directly to the Omnibus PDF as the URL may change at any time. Link to this page.
- NOT current for 2020–21 MPAs – new MPA Omnibus coming
- MPA Omnibus (PDF) for 2019–2020, Rev. 2020-01-31.1515
- Florida School Music Association Rules and Regulations Governing Interscholastic Music Activities (external PDF)