The following documents are designed to provide you with information concerning the rules and procedures that help FVA operate in an efficient and fair manner. Please refer to them frequently as you prepare for FVA events. Each year, the rules and procedures may be revised!
Your District Chair, as well as experienced choral directors in your area, are also available to help you as you prepare for FVA events.
Please do not link directly to these PDF documents as they may be updated at any time, and the URLs may change. Always visit this page for the most up-to-date information!
- Constitution & Bylaws: (PDF) Posted 2020-01-31
- FVA Handbook: (PDF) Rev. 2020-01-31.1409
- The Handbook has been recently updated. All information regarding All-State Chorus and Music Performance Assessments has been removed from the Handbook. All-State Chorus and MPA events are now regulated by information in their corresponding Omnibus document, below.
FVA All-State Chorus and Music Performance Assessment (MPA) events are regulated by the information in their corresponding Omnibus, which is published each school year. FVA Member directors should verify that they are using the most recent version of each Omnibus. Information in the Omnibus supersedes the FVA Handbook and any earlier documents.
- All-State Omnibus (PDF) 2019–2020, updated 2019-08-30
- MPA Omnibus (PDF) for 2019–2020, Rev. 2020-01-31.1515
- Florida School Music Association Rules and Regulations Governing Interscholastic Music Activities (external PDF)