MPA stands for Music Performance Assessments. These are sanctioned outlets for quality feedback on a variety of musical formats. Each FVA district manages two MPA events per year: Solo & Ensemble MPA, and Choral MPA.
(Some larger districts may split MPAs further, for scheduling purposes, e.g. by grade level)
- Music Performance Assessments are governed by the MPA Omnibus, updated each year.
- The MPA Omnibus can be found under Governing Documents.
- Be sure to refer to the Omnibus for the current year as information may change each year!
- Information in the MPA Omnibus supersedes the FVA Handbook, this website, and any other documents.
- For dates and locations in your area, see the FVA calendar or contact your district chairman.
- Directors are responsible for knowing and interpreting FVA regulations to their students.
For MPA judging sheets, rubrics, and all other adjudication related information, please visit the Adjudication page and see the MPA Omnibus.
Entries for All-State and Music Performance Assessments are entered through the FSMA MPAOnline system. This is for FVA Member directors only! Students and parents must contact their choral director to register.
There is a Getting Started Guide on the front page, and instructions are integrated into the web site. Send an email to email@example.com if you have problems or questions.
Music Performance Assessment Reports are provided by FSMA at floridaschoolmusic.org.
District Sight-Reading books from past MPAs are available for $2/each at your District’s spring membership meeting. These can be a valuable resource for sight-reading practice in class. Books can also be ordered from the FVA State Office by submitting the following order form along with a check. Minimum purchase is 20 books.