High school entries that receive a rating of superior at districts are qualified to apply for State MPA. At this event, students are evaluated by a highly select panel of adjudicators at a state level adjudication.
Before each State event, a bulletin will be posted with instructions specifically for that event. Those bulletins will be posted on the front page under “What’s New?” and from this page.
Application / Registration
Applications are due TEN DAYS after your last district event using the online registration system found at flmusiced.org/MPAonline. Payment is NOT due at the same time. Our executive director, Mark Scott, can be flexible on the timing of your payment as long as you communicate with him. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
State Solo/Ensemble MPA
- North: March 24-25, 2017 at Santa Fe College (Gainesville)
- Central: March 30-April 1, 2017 at Seminole State College (Lake Mary)
- South: April 7-8, 2017 at Palm Beach Atlantic University (West Palm Beach)
State Choral MPA
- North: April 17-18, 2017 at Faith Presbyterian Church (Tallahassee)
- Central: April 24-28, 2017 at First Presbyterian Church (Lakeland)
- South: April 19-21, 2017 at American Heritage School (Plantation)
Schedules will be posted approximately two weeks prior to each State MPA.
- Chorus $160.00
- Large Special Category $50.00
- Small Special Category $45.00
- Special Category Solos $25.00
- Large Ensemble $40.00
- Small Ensemble $35.00
- Vocal Solo $25.00
- Piano Solo $25.00
- Student Conductor $25.00 will be adjudicated at solo/ensemble state)
Directors must report to the on-site FVA office at least 30 minutes before their first entry is due in warm-up (choirs) or to perform (solos & ensembles). At that time, directors must turn in the required paperwork.
State and district results are all available at flmusiced.org