High school entries that receive an overall Superior rating at their District MPA qualify to enter State MPA.
At State MPA, students are evaluated by a highly select panel of adjudicators at a state-level adjudication.
Before each State event, a bulletin will be posted with instructions specifically for that regional event.
State MPA General Information
MPAs are regulated by the information in the annual MPA Omnibus, found under the FVA Governing Documents. Directors are responsible for knowing and interpreting regulations to their students. The 2021–22 Omnibus contains detailed information about all FVA MPA events.
Applications are due TEN DAYS after your last district event using the online registration system found at MPA Online. Payment is NOT due at the same time. FVA executive director, Mike Dye, can be flexible on the timing of your payment as long as you communicate with him. Reach Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedules will be posted approximately two weeks prior to each State MPA.
2023 State MPA Schedule
State Solo & Ensemble MPA
- North: March 24–25, 2023 Jacksonville University, 2800 University Blvd., Jacksonville 32211
- Central: March 27–29, 2023, First United Methodist Church of Orlando, 142 E Jackson St, Orlando, FL 32801
- South: March 30– April 1, 2023, Palm Beach Atlantic University, 901 S Flagler Dr., West Palm Beach 33401
- Panhandle: March 31–April 1, 2023, Northwest Florida State College, 100 College Blvd E, Niceville, FL 32578
State Choral MPA
- North: April 13–14, 2023, Faith Presbyterian Church, 2200 N Meridian Rd., Tallahassee 32303
- Central: April 17–21, 2023, First Presbyterian Church, 175 Lake Hollingsworth Dr., Lakeland 33801
- South: April 24–26, First Presbyterian Church of North Palm Beach, 717 Prosperity Farms Rd, North Palm Beach, FL 33408
See MPA Omnibus
Directors must report to the on-site FVA office at least 30 minutes before their first entry is due to warm up (choirs), or to perform (solos & ensembles). Directors must submit any outstanding forms in the office.
- Announcer sheet (1 copy per choir)
- Auxiliary information sheet (Bring 4 copies per choir)
FSMA provides State and District Choral MPA results at floridaschoolmusic.org
Choirs of Distinction
High School Choirs of Distinction are those that earned straight superiors at State MPA and, beyond this, at least two of the three adjudicators must select the chorus for performance honors, rating the chorus as “Superior with Distinction”
See the complete MPA Omnibus for comprehensive information about this year’s MPAs.